Product Summary: Determine the country, subdivisions, city, postal code, latitude, and longitude associated with IPv4 addresses worldwide, and determine the country for IPv6 addresses.
To access our most accurate IP geolocation data, use the GeoIP2 Precision City/ISP/Organization or Omni Web Service, which accurately matches 3% more cities and 5% more postal codes than the GeoIP2 City database.
The GeoIP2 City database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 City database.
Purchase Site License [?]
Downloadable Database: $370 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $90.
Web Service or Batch Lookup: $20 per 50,000 lookups. No software or databases to install. More Information
Individual Continents: Available for individual continents starting at $200. More Information
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2014-04-15
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, 83% accurate on a city level for the US within a 40 kilometer radius. More details.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Country of Registration (GeoIP2 Only)
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For embassies and military bases) (GeoIP2 Only)
- Region Subdivisions (GeoIP2 MMDB Format Only; GeoIP Legacy contains one region)
- City Name
- Postal Code
- Latitude (The latitude and longitude are near the center of the most granular location value returned: postal code, city, region, or country)
- Metro Code (US only)
- Time zone
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data; GeoIP2 only)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian (GeoIP2 Only)
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
- Includes Anonymous Proxies. More comprehensive Open Proxy detection is available through the minFraud or proxy detection web service.
Once your order has been processed you will be able to download the data in any one of the following formats:
- Recommended: Use binary MMDB format with APIs, which is usually the fastest solution. - Approximately 75 MB
- GeoIP Legacy binary format with APIs. - Approximately 50 MB
- Comma-separated values (GeoIP Legacy Only) (Sample data) - Approximately 173 MB
- GeoIP Legacy City, ISP and Organization Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP Legacy ISP and GeoIP Legacy Organization) (Sample data) - Approximately 831 MB
- GeoIP Legacy City, ISP, Organization, Domain, and Netspeed Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP Legacy ISP, GeoIP Legacy Organization, GeoIP Legacy Domain, and GeoIP Legacy Netspeed) (Sample data) - Approximately 1,748 MB