Product Summary: Determine an Internet visitor's country based on their IP address.
The GeoIP2 Country database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 Country database.
Purchase Site License [?]
Downloadable Database: $50 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $12.
Web Service or Batch Lookup: $20 per 200,000 lookups. No software or databases to install. More Information
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2014-04-22
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Country of Registration (GeoIP2 Only)
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For embassies and military bases) (GeoIP2 Only)
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data; GeoIP2 only)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian (GeoIP2 Only)
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
- Includes Anonymous Proxies. More comprehensive Open Proxy detection is available through the minFraud or proxy detection web service.
Once your order has been processed you will be able to download the data in any one of the following formats:
- Recommended: Use binary MMDB format with APIs, which is usually the fastest solution. - Approximately 2 MB
- GeoIP Legacy binary format with APIs. - Approximately 1 MB
- Comma-separated values (GeoIP Legacy Only) (Sample data) - Approximately 6 MB
- Comma-separated values with Netmask (GeoIP Legacy Only) (Sample data) - Approximately 12 MB
- GeoIP Legacy Country and ISP Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP Legacy ISP)
- GeoIP Legacy Country and Organization Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP Legacy Organization)