MaxMind is interested in adding highly intelligent, motivated, creative thinkers to our management, development, and customer service teams. In business since 2002, we're a profitable and growing leader in IP geolocation and fraud detection.
MaxMind understands the value of assembling a brilliant team, and as such we focus heavily on investing in our employees. Not only do we offer competitive compensation and a satisfying work environment, we also provide extensive benefits. We want our employees to have exciting careers and be healthy while enjoying them.
MaxMind offers a team environment that is highly collaborative, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial. We value the input of each one of our employees; everyone at MaxMind can have an affect on the direction of the company, and there are many avenues for personal growth.
If you the think you have the skills, we want to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MaxMind is looking for a talented, experienced and highly motivated Product Manager to help make the Internet a safer place to conduct business by helping lead the development and improvement of our products. Founded in 2002, MaxMind is an industry-leading provider of IP intelligence and online fraud detection tools. MaxMind is privately held and based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
The Product Manager will play a key role in managing our products through their lifecycle, from strategizing and vetting new product ideas to developing and releasing new products to retiring old solutions. The Product Manager will work closely with our business development team to understand business and customer requirements and will guide the work of engineers through managing requirements and iterations. As this is a newly created role, the Product Manager will also be responsible for assessing current product development practices and introduce improvements based on experience and best practices.
- Implement and manage product development processes based on best practices.
- Define product requirements including writing high level designs and working with business managers, engineers, and QA to bring those features to completion.
- Work with business units to develop product roadmaps and product strategies to ensure product features are delivered in a timely fashion with high quality.
- Analyze the external marketplace, customers, partners, and competitors to determine the right feature set for our products.
- Identify opportunities for new product development and help set product strategy.
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our community and key stakeholders.
- Own and manage the product roadmap.
- Lead by influence, with strong execution skills and focus.
- Collaborate with engineers and business development to ensure that the products deliver to requirements and meet business needs.
- Ability to constantly prioritize tasks and deal with ambiguity.
- Industry experience in fraud prevention, e-commerce, or software as a service company preferred.
- Experience in iterative development cycles, Agile experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of software development processes (version control, testing, etc.).
- 2+ years of product management experience. Other software or technology experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to two weeks per year.
Downtown Waltham. The office is only a five minute walk from the commuter rail and several express bus lines.
Competitive compensation package includes employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance, ability to participate in Safe Harbor 401(k) after six months of employment with a 3% employer contribution, and a transit pass subsidy.
To apply, please email your resume as an attachment (PDF format preferred). Please also explain your interest in the position and relevant experience.