Product Summary: Determine the connection type of your visitors based on their IP address. The database identifies dial-up, cellular, cable/DSL, and corporate connection speeds. (This database was previously known as the GeoIP Netspeed database.)
Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Downloadable Database: $370 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $90.
Monthly billing: $370 for the first month and $90 for each month thereafter.
You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Annual billing: $1360 for the first year and $1080 for each year thereafter.
- Updated monthly. Last updated: 2018-07-03
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- The connection type is about 95% accurate in the US. Outside the US, accuracy ranges from 50% to 80%, depending on the country. The data is generally more accurate for countries with more Internet users.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Connection Type: possible values are dial-up, cable/DSL, corporate or cellular
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.