Product Summary: Look up the second level domain names associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. The database would include "example.com" or "example.co.uk" but not the full domain "foo.example.com". The database returns a sample second level domain name from the /24 netblock to which an IP address belongs. Thus it only returns the correct data if the second level domain name is the same across the entire /24 netblock. The database contains approximately 63,000 second level domain names.
The Internet Systems Consortium offers a more complete domain name database
(Domain Survey Dataset)
with the full domain name for every IP address.
Purchase Site License
Downloadable Database: $100 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $24.
Monthly billing: $100 for the first month and $24 for each month thereafter.
You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Annual billing: $364 for the first year and $288 for each year thereafter.
- Updated monthly. Last updated: 2016-05-03
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Domain Name
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats. Note that those purchasing a GeoIP2 database can download the corresponding Legacy database as well:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
- GeoIP Legacy binary format
- GeoIP Legacy comma-separated values