Product Summary: Determine the country, subdivisions, city, and postal code associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses worldwide.
To access our most accurate IP geolocation data, use GeoIP2 Precision: City or Insights, which accurately geolocate 4% more IPs to cities and 9% more IPs to postal codes in the United States than the GeoIP2 City database.
The GeoIP2 City database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 City database.
Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Downloadable Database: $370 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $100.
Individual Continents: Available for individual continents starting at $200. More Information
Monthly billing: $370 for the first month and $100 for each month thereafter.
You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Annual billing: $1470 for the first year and $1200 for each year thereafter.
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2019-07-16
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, 87% accurate on a city level for the US within a 50 kilometer radius. More details.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- EU Country
- Country of Registration
- EU Registered Country
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases)
- City Name
- Postal Code
- Longitude (Latitude and Longitude are often near the center of population. These values are not precise and should not be used to identify a particular address or household.)
- Accuracy Radius (km)
- Metro Code (US only)
- Time zone
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.