Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Online pricing of the GeoIP databases is meant for internal Restricted Business purposes only. Use in support of a commercial product requires the purchase of a commercial license. Refer to the licensing overview for more information.
Product Summary: Determine the country, subdivisions (regions), city, and postal code associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses worldwide.
To access our most accurate IP geolocation data, use GeoIP2 City Plus or Insights web service, which accurately geolocate 4% more IPs to cities and 9% more IPs to postal codes in the United States than the GeoIP2 City database.
The GeoIP2 City database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 City database.
Purchase GeoIP2 City Database
$100 / month
$48 / month
- Updated twice weekly. Last updated: 2022-01-21
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level, 80% accurate on a state level, 68% accurate on a city level for the US within a 50 kilometer radius. More details.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- EU Country
- Country of Registration
- EU Registered Country
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases)
- Subdivisions (regions)
- City Name
- Postal Code
- Longitude (Latitude and Longitude are often near the center of population. These values are not precise and should not be used to identify a particular address or household.)
- Accuracy Radius (km)
- Metro Code (US only)
- Time zone
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.