Product Summary: Determine the country, subdivisions, city, postal code, latitude, and longitude associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses worldwide.
To access our most accurate IP geolocation data, use GeoIP2 Precision: City or Insights, which accurately geolocate 2% more IPs to cities and 5% more IPs to postal codes in the United States than the GeoIP2 City database.
The GeoIP2 City database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 City database.
Purchase Site License
Downloadable Database: $370 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $90.
Web Service or Batch Lookup: $20 per 50,000 lookups. No software or databases to install. More Information
Individual Continents: Available for individual continents starting at $200. More Information
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2015-02-24
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, 81% accurate on a city level for the US within a 50 kilometer radius. More details.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Country of Registration (GeoIP2 Only)
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases) (GeoIP2 Only)
- Subdivisions (GeoIP2 MMDB Format Only; GeoIP Legacy contains one region)
- City Name
- Postal Code
- Latitude (The latitude and longitude are near the center of the most granular location value returned: postal code, city, subdivision, or country)
- Metro Code (US only)
- Time zone
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data; GeoIP2 only)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian (GeoIP2 Only)
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
- Includes Anonymous Proxies. More comprehensive Open Proxy detection is available through the minFraud or proxy detection web service.
This database is available in the following formats. Note that those purchasing a GeoIP2 database can download the corresponding Legacy database as well:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
- GeoIP Legacy City, ISP and Organization Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP2 ISP Database)
- GeoIP Legacy City, ISP, Organization, Domain, and Netspeed Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP2 ISP Database, GeoIP2 Domain, and GeoIP2 Connection Type)