Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Online pricing of the GeoIP databases is meant for internal Restricted Business purposes only. Use in support of a commercial product requires the purchase of a commercial license. Refer to the licensing overview for more information.
Product Summary: Determine the country, subdivisions (regions), city, and postal code associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses worldwide.
To access our most accurate IP geolocation data, use GeoIP2 Precision: City or Insights, which accurately geolocate 4% more IPs to cities and 9% more IPs to postal codes in the United States than the GeoIP2 City database.
The GeoIP2 City database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 City database.
Purchase GeoIP2 City Database
$100 / month
$48 / month
- Updated twice weekly. Last updated: 2021-08-03
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level, 80% accurate on a state level, 68% accurate on a city level for the US within a 50 kilometer radius. More details.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- EU Country
- Country of Registration
- EU Registered Country
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases)
- Subdivisions (regions)
- City Name
- Postal Code
- Longitude (Latitude and Longitude are often near the center of population. These values are not precise and should not be used to identify a particular address or household.)
- Accuracy Radius (km)
- Metro Code (US only)
- Time zone
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.