Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Online pricing of the GeoIP databases is meant for internal Restricted Business purposes only. Use in support of a commercial product requires the purchase of a commercial license. Refer to the licensing overview for more information.
Product Summary: Determine the connection type of your visitors based on their IP address. The database identifies dial-up, cellular, cable/DSL, and corporate connection speeds. (This database was previously known as the GeoIP Netspeed database.)
Downloadable Database: $90 for one month of updates.
Monthly billing: $90 per month.
You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Annual billing: $1080 per year.
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2019-10-15
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- The connection type is about 95% accurate for identifying cellular connections.
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Connection Type: possible values are dial-up, cable/DSL, corporate or cellular
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.