Product Summary: Determine an Internet visitor's country based on their IP address.
The GeoIP2 Country database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 Country database.
Do I Need a Commercial Site License?
Downloadable Database: $50 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $24.
Monthly billing: $50 for the first month and $24 for each month thereafter.
You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Annual billing: $314 for the first year and $288 for each year thereafter.
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2018-10-16
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- EU Country
- Country of Registration
- EU Registered Country
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases)
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.