Product Summary: Determine an Internet visitor's country based on their IP address.
The GeoIP2 Country database is a more accurate version of our free GeoLite2 Country database.
Purchase Site License
Downloadable Database: $50 for site license, includes first month of updates. Updates are available for $12.
Web Service or Batch Lookup: $20 per 200,000 lookups. No software or databases to install. More Information
- Updated weekly. Last updated: 2015-05-05
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- 99.8% accurate on a country level
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Country of Registration (GeoIP2 Only)
- Country Represented and Type of Representation (For military bases) (GeoIP2 Only)
- GeoNames IDs (for localization and pairing outside data; GeoIP2 only)
- Includes localized names for select locations in Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian (GeoIP2 Only)
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
- Includes Anonymous Proxies. More comprehensive Open Proxy detection is available through the minFraud or proxy detection web service.
This database is available in the following formats. Note that those purchasing a GeoIP2 database can download the corresponding Legacy database as well:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
- GeoIP Legacy Country, Organization and ISP Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP2 ISP Database)