Product Summary: Look up the second level domain names associated with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. The database would include "example.com" or "example.co.uk" but not the full domain "foo.example.com". The database returns a sample second level domain name from the /24 netblock to which an IP address belongs. Thus it only returns the correct data if the second level domain name is the same across the entire /24 netblock. The database contains approximately 63,000 second level domain names.
The Internet Systems Consortium offers a more complete domain name database (Domain Survey Dataset) with the full domain name for every IP address.
Purchase GeoIP2 Domain Name Database
$24 / month
- Updated every four weeks. Last updated: 2022-09-13
- Site license allows use on all machines within purchasing organization
- Includes the following fields: ( Technical Details )
- Domain Name
- Open Source APIs are available for most popular languages
- Automated updates are available
This database is available in the following formats:
- GeoIP2 binary MMDB format
- GeoIP2 comma-separated values
Note: MaxMind no longer provides access to GeoIP Legacy databases with new purchases. New customers, please consider purchasing GeoIP2 services and databases.